A Jewish German actress says her planned film project collapsed after she publicly supported Israel following the October 7 attacks. The screenplay, which she co-wrote and was set to star in, became the center of a legal and personal dispute after she traveled to Israel during the war, documented daily life under rocket fire and shared her views on social media and in interviews.
According to the actress, her collaborators decided to remove her from the project because they feared professional backlash. She said they were concerned that other actors, agencies and film festivals would refuse to work with them due to her outspoken stance.
The actress described the fallout as both professionally damaging and personally painful, saying the experience revealed underlying tensions within the industry. She suggested that the reaction to her support for Israel exposed attitudes that had previously been concealed.

image sourced from original article at 